AFV Masterclasses - How to colorgrade in Davinci Resolve 14
Aarhus Filmworkshop is hosting a series of Masterclasses aimed at young film filmmakers. The purpose of each masterclass is to upgrade the qualifications of young filmmakers, who already have experience in their field. The aim is to enable the participants to qualify their engagement with the professional filmbusiness. Every masterclass is run by well established film makers who have high qualifications within their field.
COLOURGRADING MASTERCLASS – HOW TO COLOURGRADE IN DAVINCI RESOLVE 14
DATES: Masterclasses are held Monday the 4th of June, Monday the 11th of June and Wednesday the 13th of June from 16.00-19.00
TEACHER: Claus Lund // Claus runs the production company Duke Denver Film, working on everything from shortfilms to featurefilms, documentaries, TV series etc. Claus has been working professionally in Davinci since 2013 and used resolved since 2015. He has a background as an actor, but has also worked within film as caster, scriptwriter, co-poducer, editor and grader.
CONTENT: In this "Davinci Resolve Basic" Masterclass, the participants will learn the basic tools in order to upgrade their skills when working in Davinci Resolve. Overall the participants will gain a better understanding of the workflow between (for instance) Adobe Premiere and Davinci Resolve. The masterclass will include"hands-on" assignments, in order to encourage the participants to try the different techniques in praxis.
YOU WILL LEARN/TOOLS:
- Color wheels
- Resolve fx
- Introducing Davinci Resolve.
- Overview of the DaVinci Resolve interface.
- Studying Media Tab, Edit Tab, Color Tab, Fairlight Tab and Deliver Tab.
- Start a new project in Davinci Resolve.
- Importing projects from other editing programmes
- Color corection vs colorgrade, Whart is the difference?
- Studying the tools of Color Tab: Going through Color Wheels, Windows, Qualifier.
- What are nodes? And how are the used in Davinci Resolve?
- Resolve FX, LUTS, Greenscreen and the filmlook.
- Fix your recordings, whitebalance fix and skintones.
- Why use Color Panel (Tangent Element), and how?
WHERE: Aarhus Filmworkshop, Skovgaardsgade 3, Entrance 3F, 8000 Århus C
To apply for the masterclass, the participant needs to:
- Attach a motivated application of 1 A4 (Why do you wish to learn how to use DaVinci Resolve?)
- Attach a (short) CV
- Fill in the application formular (link below)
The Masterclass is free of charge, but applications are necessary.
Deadline for sending in your application is the 21st of May. Send in your application here.